EN12430 Point Compression of Thermal Insulation
The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Performing a compression test according to the specifications of the standard
- Recording the required amount of data points to capture the critical point of the curve accurately
- Ensuring only axial loading is introduced to the specimen
- Performing the tests according to the specifications of the standard - Instron engineers have designed a custom compression fixture in order to adhere to the stringent geometric requirements of the compression platens as stated in EN 12430.
- Recording the required amount of data points - Instron's Bluehill® Universal testing software allows the user to adjust the data sampling rate of the software, up to 1 kHz, in order to capture the most data points. With the advanced perfomance option available on 5900 series frames, a data sampling rate of up to 2.5 kHz can be used.
- Ensuring axial loading - The top compression platen is spherically seated allowing it to maintain full contact with the specimen and ensure only axial loading is transmitted to the insulation material.
It is important to review EN 12430 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
Catálogo do Bluehill Universal em PT-BR
- 2.6 MB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 6.8 MB
Instron 3300 Series Universal Testing Systems for Tensile, Compression, Bend, and other material property tests.
- 2.2 MB