Industrial Series KPX Models
Designed for high-capacity tension, compression, bend/flex, and shear testing, the KPX Models feature an ultra-large single test space and adjustable crosshead options. Understanding the critical importance of operator safety, these frames incorporate high-quality materials, components, and craftsmanship and are ideal for testing metals, wire, concrete, fasteners, wood, and composites.
- Adjustable crosshead options allow the test space to be adapted to a wide range of test specimens, applications, and accessories
- Linear guidance system maintains precise alignment of load string over the entire stroke of the actuator
- Co-axially mounted encoder accurately measures actuator travel at the center of the load string
- Convenient working height and ergonomic controls improve operator productivity and comfort
- Long stroke, high-speed actuator accommodates both tension and compression testing applications
- Productivity panel with multiple function keys and displays improves ergonomics, and allows the operator to perform common testing functions and view key test information without returning to the computer
- Powerful, yet user-friendly materials testing software provides repeatable and reproducible results for simple to sophisticated testing requirements
Range of Models
- 1000KPX: 1,000 kN (225,000 lbf)
- 1500KPX: 1,500 kN (337,500 lbf)
- 2000KPX: 2,000 kN (450,000 lbf)
- Metals - Bar, Plate, Pipe & Tube, Rebar, Structural
- Wire - Rod, Strand
StandardsKPX Models conform to many international standards, including (but not limited to):
- ASTM A370, A615, C39, C109, E4, E8, E9, E83, E290, F606
- ISO 6892-1, 6892-2, 7438, 7500-1, 9513, 15630-1
- BS 4449
- EN 10002-1, 10002-2
- JIS Z2241, Z2248
- Contact us for additional compliance information
Instron® high force universal testing machines perform tensile, compression, bend, peel, tear, and other mechanical tests on materials and products to ASTM, ISO, and other industry standards. These systems are available in a range of sizes and maximum force capacities. From electromechanical systems used to test high-strength metals and advanced composites to static-hydraulic systems for testing materials used in civil infrastructure, Instron has systems suitable for all applications.
- 3.9 MB
Industrial Series KPX Models are designed for high-capacity tension, compression, bend/flex, and shear testing. Featuring an ultra-large single test space and adjustable crosshead options, these frames deliver exceptional flexibility for a wide range of testing applications and are available in capacities ranging from 600 kN (135,000 lbf) to 3,500 kN (800,000 lbf).
- 421.5 KB
Catálogo do Bluehill Universal em PT-BR
- 2.6 MB
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips provide an innovative solution for high-capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability, and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These advanced grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
- 1.1 MB
Instron® hydraulic wedge grips provide an innovative solution for high capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability, and operator safety.
- 1.0 MB
The AutoX 750 is a high-resolution, long-travel automatic contacting extensometer. It can be mounted onto any electromechanical 3300, 5500, or 5900 table top and floor model systems, as well as LX, DX, HDX, and KN static hydraulic testing systems. It is well suited for applications involving plastics, metals, biomedical, composites, elastomers, and more. The AutoX has a maximum travel of 750 mm and accuracy of ± 1 µm.
- 1.4 MB
The information in this document is intended to aid customers in the site preparation, unpacking, lifting, and installation of the Instron Model KPX Static Hydraulic Universal Testing Systems.
- 1.0 MB
These instructions describe the function, operation and maintenance for various models of the KPX testing systems.
- 1.3 MB
These instructions provide additional information beyond what is necessary to operate the various models of the KPX testing systems. These instructions are intended for a laboratory or facilities supervisor, or Instron service personnel. These instructions assume the following: • You are an operator familiar with the operation of materials testing systems in general. • Your system has been installed in its final location according to the requirements outlined in the system’s Pre-Installation Manual. • Your system consists of a frame, a hydraulic power supply, a control unit, a computer system with an Instron materials testing software package, and any testing accessories necessary to secure the specimen in the test space. • Software test methods that are appropriate for your testing requirements are available. These instructions do not include the development of test methods within the materials testing software. This is covered in more advanced training that can be provided by Instron Service and Training departments.
- 1.4 MB
This Equipment Reference Manual has been prepared to provide customers with assembly drawings and schematics that pertain to the various models of KPX Static Hydraulic Universal Testing Systems. These drawings are provided for your use and Instron personnel use only. These drawings are the property of Instron and may be subject to return upon demand. The contents of this manual must not be copied or submitted to outside parties for use or examination.
- 2.2 MB