ASTM D1876-08 T-Peel Test for Adhesives
The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Reporting results in compliance with the standard
- Data rate used to capture peaks and troughs
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test
- Reporting results in compliance with the standard– Bluehill® Universal comes with pre-configured test methods and supporting documentation to ensure that you are testing according to ASTM D1876
- Data rate used to capture peaks and troughs – Instron’s 5900 series frames enable data capture of up to 2.5 kHz to ensure that all fast changing test events are captured. Too low of a bandwidth may “dull” the system and lead to missed peaks and troughs, resulting in lower average strength values
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test – Pneumatic grips are a great choice for T-peel testing as they are able to maintain constant gripping pressure throughout the testing. The pneumatic grips employ a patented “quick-change” jaw face design which enables operators to easily change jaw faces to accommodate the needs of their materials
It is important to review ASTM D1876-08(2015)e1 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
The Instron 2712-05x Series Pneumatic Side-Action Grips offers a versatile gripping solution for a wide range of materials. Available in both 50 and 250 N options, the grip’s robust design is ideal for round (wires),fiber (mono-filaments), and flat specimens with or without shoulder.
- 1.9 MB
Instron® 2712-04x Series Pneumatic grips, packed with features to enhance gripping performance, usability, and operator safety.
- 1.7 MB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 2.8 MB
Catálogo do Bluehill Universal em PT-BR
- 2.6 MB