Electro-Thermal Mechanical Testing (ETMT)
By basing the Electrothermal Mechanical Testing System on the advanced 8800 digital controller and Microtester test frame, Instron has developed a solution with unrivalled thermomechanical fatigue capabilities, available in an affordable benchtop package.
Using miniature test pieces, the system is capable of achieving fatigue loading rates of up to 1000 N/sec and heating and cooling rates of up to 200° C/s and 100° C/s respectively. The system is designed for full reverse stress loading to 3000 N and is supplied with a direct resistance heating system capable of producing specimen temperatures of up to 1500° C.
The ETMT 8800 can perform a wide range of experiments, broadly categorized into three types:
- Measurement of mechanical properties
- Measurement of physical properties
- Measurement of micro-structural stability under thermal exposure
The ETMT can be operated in such a way that both uniaxial monotonic, creep or fatigue behavior can be studied, either with in-phase or out-of-phase applied stresses and temperatures. Analyses and models have also been developed to acquire thermal property and modulus data as a function of temperature.
- Dynamic loading up to 3000 N
- High precision twin LVDT strain measurement system
- Optional high-integrity inert atmosphere capsule
- Horizontal mounting option
- 19'' rack-mounted control unit for a packaged solution
The ETMT 8800 Electrothermal Mechanical Testing System is based on the Instron advanced 8800 digital controller and Microtester test frame. The system developed by Instron is with unrivalled thermomechanical capabilities, available in an affordable benchtop package.
- 196.9 KB